The Landcare Bushfire Recovery Grants have now closed. Please continue to visit the Landcare Australia website for information about new bushfire recovery grants.
The Landcare Australia Bushfire recovery grants 2020 program will support landcare and community environmental groups as well as networks located in bushfire affected areas across Australia. The aim of the program is to support the urgent needs of the landcare community to restore essential wildlife habitat, shelterbelts and fences, protect our waterways, manage weeds and feral animals, work with Traditional Owner groups and run local community workshops, amongst other recovery activities.
Project Funding Available
Grants of up to $15,000 (excluding GST) are available. It is anticipated this will be the first round of funding from Landcare Australia and that there will be others as more funds are received. At least 15 projects will be awarded funding from this initial round.
If you have any questions after reading these guidelines, please call 02 9412 1040, or email: email@example.com.
|Applications open:||Wednesday, 26 February 2020|
|Applications close:||Friday, 13 March 2020|
|Successful applicants notified:||Friday 20 March 2020|
Note: Landcare Australia will be assessing applications as they arrive.
Landcare Australia will consider your application if:
- Your Landcare group, environmental group or landcare network is undertaking works in an area affected by bushfire in 2019 or 2020.
- Your project is directly-related to the implementation of bushfire recovery activities, such as:
- survey and impact assessment
- wildlife care (food, water, protection etc.)
- habitat restoration (incl. Nest Boxes, hollows etc.)
- revegetation, shelterbelts and fences
- protecting waterways and managing erosion
- managing weeds and feral animals
- working with Traditional Owner groups
- running local community workshops and events
- other recovery activities
- Projects to be undertaken in the next 6 months;
- Projects can be conducted on public or private land (where permission granted);
- Multiple applications per group are at this stage unable to be considered.
The following organisations are ineligible to apply:
- Commonwealth statutory authorities;
- State, Territory or Local Governments;
- NRM organisations;
- Schools, pre-schools and education providers;
- Not for profits operating at a nationwide level; and/or
- Universities and research institutions.
Above organisations are strongly encouraged to work as supporting co-contributors for applications with a local group. CLICK HERE to find your nearest group.
As a condition of receiving the grant, you will be required submit photos of your activities and complete a short survey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my group need an ABN to receive a grant?
Yes, however if your group does not have an ABN you can arrange for an affiliated group with an ABN (e.g. local council) to receive the grant funds on your behalf.
Does the grant include GST?
Yes, however not all groups are eligible to receive GST. Check whether your group is eligible to receive GST here.
Independent advice should be sought if you are unsure. Please ensure your budget does not exceed the total grant funding stipulated in the guidelines. Funds will be transferred to the applicant’s nominated bank account if deemed successful.
What do I need to include in my budget?
For each item, include a short description and provide details of calculations used to arrive at the amount budgeted;
Inflated budgets will damage the credibility of the proposal.
Filling in your budget table:
In the ‘Activity/Item Description’ column, list the resources, funds and activities required to carry out the project;
‘Funding Requested’, enter the price of the items to be funded. Please note – total funding requested must not exceed the total amount of the grant (ex GST);
Where is the funding coming from?
Landcare Australia is working with individuals, corporate partners, and other philanthropic partners to provide funding for landcare projects in fire affected areas.
Terms and Conditions
The funding for this grant will be administered by Landcare Australia. Before receiving funding, you will be required to agree to the standard terms and conditions.
Funding out to groups
Landcare Australia will continue to raise funds for bushfire affected communities, and welcome Expressions of Interest after the closing date.